Tuesday 5 March 2013

Snowflake Tree






Hello fellow crafters,

I am on a roll.  Have completed my second Christmas card for the year....hehee.....not much of a roll I guess.  But I usually don't get any done until the very last minute so I guess that's something.

Ever since I have discovered copics (around October last year), that is all I've been focusing on.  Practising and trying to improve my colouring, and simply having fun with them.  Have completely ignored my rubber stamps.

Let me show you my card.

For this card I pulled out an old little stamp set by Stampin Up! called Snow Flurries.  Stamped these in Old Olive (SU), Close to Cocoa (SU), and Worn Lipstick (Tim Holtz).  Then cut each out with my little circle die.  Yes, a die!! Can you imagine running little circles through your cuttlebug heaps of times?  Not only the ones you see on my card but a whole heap more as I couldn't decide which colours with which snowflake until I saw it all laid out. Sooooo wish I had one of those small circle punches.  A 5/8" one would be perfect *sign*.  Except for this part, putting together this card was really fun.  With my copic obsession I have forgotten how much fun it was to simply stamp.
 
 
A few things helped me with putting together this card.  Firstly, for the layout I followed a sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #205.  For colours, I went with white, light pink and green, in line with the colour inspiration challenge at IBSIC. 
 
 
 
 
But mostly, this little cupcake stack inspired my little snowflake tree.  This came from Cupcakes Inspirations Challenge and its cupcake number #169.
 
 
 
 
Added mini bows made of sheer organza ribbon amongst the snowflakes for some shimmer.  Love this ribbon!  Adds a hint of colour without being overpowering.  And love the shimmer!  First, I tried to add some bling with rhinestones but didn't work out.  Found it to be too much so just used a couple on the corners.  Finished off the card with white satin ribbon.
 

 
So here you have it.  I'm quite proud of this card.  Not a copic use in sight.
Hope you like it.
 
Thank you so much for visiting my space.
Phi
 
 
 
This card will be entered into the following challenges:
 
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Dream Valley Challenges #51 - Ribbon and Bling
Inspired by Stampin Inspirational challenge #48 - Colour inspiration - White, light pink, sage green
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge #114 - Ribbons, ribbons, ribbons
Totally Gorguss #173 - Anything Goes with pink
The Ribbon Girl - Add Ribbon or twine
Christmas Cards All Year Round March challenge - Sparkle and bling - Rhinestones and sheer organza ribbon that has a shimmer.
Cupcake Inspirations challenge #200 - Used cupcake #169 for inspiration.
The Crafty Bloggers Network #9 - Spring or Pastel - Not Spring but definitely Pastel
 
 
 
 
 
Woohooo I won top 3 at IBSIC #48
 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful christmas card - what a clever idea to build it with circles - thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl March Card Challenge to use ribbon or twine! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those circles - beautiful stamping - and the ribbons add a special touch - super card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design, Phi, beautifully done! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely designs and i love your work, which is why i have nominated you for a liebster blog award i could not see a contact email to let you know but you can see the details of it on my blog

    http://rayleycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Phi,

    was für eine wunderschöne Idee. Einen Weihnachtsbaum mal so zu gestalten gefällt mir sehr gut.
    Ich bin begeistert von der Arbeit. Eine wunderschöne Inspiration für mich. Vielen Dank. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you have created a beautiful and stylish card and the layering of the stamped and die cut circles is so effective.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week.
    Kat W (GDT) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! What a great idea! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcakes for our 200th challenge! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pretty snowflake tree and how you found the inspiration for it. It is every bit as yummy as those cupcakes. Thanks so much for joining in at Christmas at Sweet Stampin.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you used the sketch, love the snowflaketree thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

    Hugs Winnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing creation and just adore what you have done...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the circle tree, layering and ribbon.

    Sylvia xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Stunning card, really awesome tree! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, love the layers. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love this fab card ,what a wonderful design
    Thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so pretty! Lovely pastel colours in your clever Christmas tree. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete