Thursday 13 March 2014

OCC Clean & Simple 3 - Faux Metal





http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CS3_paticipant.pngHi Everyone,


For the first time ever I'm joining in on Online Card Classes.  For day 1 and 2 we are learning about different faux effects.







FAUX METAL


For my homework I created this card...




For the lock I used a tag die that resembles the shape of a lock to create a stencil/mask.  Then applied versamark and 3 layers of thick copper embossing powder. Before the last layer of embossing cooled I imprinted the heart with a stamp.  I was so happy with the result I was giggly with glee.  I love the crackly distressed look this embossing powder gives.  I even love the stray powder that flicked around abit leaving random specks around the lock.

I have a few more makes to share then I need to get back to creating with the classes.
Thanks for visiting today.
Phi



Challenges:

DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #128 - Use an uplifting sentiment (5 words or more)









9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty I love the metal look wonderful sentiment
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #128 use at least a 5 word sentiment challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distress on the faux copper is awesome. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous metal technique! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if I was your teacher, I'd give this "homework assignment" an A+++! You were right to be giggly with glee because that lock is amazing! Sometimes my heat embossing turns disastrous, so it was inspiring to see such a successful application of it. I really love how you imprinted it with a heart and how it is covered with crackly goodness! It's the perfect bit of bling and distress! I really like the key and sentiment, too, and the whole thing is quite stunning. You did a great job and I wish you well as you continue on with your online card class. It's always good to learn new techniques for the crafting arsenal! And I'm especially glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautiful!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job with this -- it really looks like metal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! Congrats on the CAS Online Class #3 shout out!

    ReplyDelete