Wednesday 26 March 2014

OCC - Tracing Images



http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CS3_paticipant.png

TRACING IMAGES

On day 8 I was so inspired by Kathy Rocoosin's card that I knew I had to try it.  This technique is so simple but I really have never thought of it before.



First you stamp your image on your card with very light ink.  Kathy used a big beautiful floral background stamp on her card but since I don't own any similar stamp I stamped my card with a few different stamps to create a floral background.  Then using a silver glittery gel pen I traced the lightly stamped image.  You can either trace a portion or the whole image.  I chose to trace the whole image.  Then I went in and coloured with my copics.  The gel pen gives it a touch of elegance and shimmer.


I am very pleased with this card.  The copics actually picked up the shimmer from the gel pen and spread a dusting of the shimmer throughout the whole card.  Too bad the pictures did not pick up on that.  I enjoyed this technique a great deal and will definitely be using it again.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for viewing my creations.
Smiles
Phi

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - Spring - Bright colours, flowers, sunshine
Crafty Catz #223 - Bling it up - Used a glitter silver gel pen
Crafts 4 Eternity #168 - Anything goes
Bearly Mine March Challenge - One for the Girls
The Paper Shelter #151 - Spring delights
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes


20 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and I love your colouring to. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....this is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. I'll have to give this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Which floral stamp did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn. I used 3 stamps from the "Embrace Life" set from Stampin Up!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this card is so striking! I love it and am going to try it myself. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. I'm bookmarking your blog and pinning this card as soon as I submit this comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Phi for the quick response. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow its fabulous!!!! looks amazing!!Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! What a great idea tracing an image with the glitter pens! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! I must ask though, which silver gel pen did you use? Whatever it is - I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The silver gel pen I used is from Typo.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Hi, the paper is just a cheapy 210gsm cardstock from Office Works. The copic markers did seep through the back. I just wanted to try out this technique and didn't expect it to turn out so well. It would have been nice to do this on heavier card since this is a one layered card.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Couldn't tell if you used a vellum or tracing paper... It looked glossy!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is gorgeous, would love to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really is amazing! Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope to see you again in our next challenge!


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete