Friday 28 March 2014

OCC - Days 9 & 10 - Textural Effects


http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CS3_paticipant.png

DRY EMBOSSING


On day 9 we were shown how to do some selective embossing using embossing folders and dies.  Basically you use the die to mask an area of the embossing folder so you get a framed area amongst the embossing that is flat.  It only works if your die has a solid back and not an open one.  I didn't have a frame die with a solid back so I just used an open one for the shape of the frame.  Inside the frame I place two smaller dies which did have solid backs.  Since I didn't have a flat frame where I can perhaps stamp a sentiment or an image I embossed one with little gingerbread man/woman dies.  Worked out beautifully.


The card was finished off with some washi tape and a little heart covered with glossy accents.

Thank you for joining me today.
Smiles
Phi

Challenges:
Creative Knockouts #30 - Texturize it
Crafty Catz #224 - Anything goes
4 Krafty Girls challenge #14 - Anything goes
Craftying for all Seasons Challenge #73 - No Designer Papers
DL. Art Thankful Thursday March Linky Challenge - Anything goes


5 comments:

  1. I love the gingerbread people and the effective embossing, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really have no Idea how you have made this, but it is absolutely stunning!
    Thank you so much for joining us for our No Design Papers Challenge at Crafting for All Seasons,

    Hugs,
    Milnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple but really really effective! Thanks for joining us this time at 4 krafty girls - good luck! hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete