Monday 17 March 2014

OCC - More Masking

http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CS3_paticipant.png 


I am having so much fun with masking that I decided to share another card with you using this technique.


The mask was made with a Spellbinders Classic Hearts die cut.  I cut the heart out, temporarily stuck it to the card and stamped all over it.  Then I peeled the heart mask off and stamped the sentiment.  

The masking on this card turned out so much better than my last attempt.  I wonder if it's because I used clear stamps for this one where as I used wooden stamps on my last make.  I think the clear stamps were able to get closer to the edge of the mask?  I'm not sure but its the only thing I can think of.

I can sit here and play with this technique all day.  So easy and fun to do.

Thanks for visiting
Phi

Challenges:
Less is More #163 - Masking or stencilling
CAS on Sunday #29 - One Layer Wonder
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Mother's Day or Special Girl
Stamping Sensations March challenge - Pretty in pink
Allsorts  #250 - Pretty in Pink



12 comments:

  1. Brilliant card. I love this technique too.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masking Phi and a lovely card for our Pretty in Pink theme.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Phi, I totally forgot to also say thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations with your lovely card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Phi, and I especially love this because of all the hearts! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful and I agree that masking is such a great technique.Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautiful!! I just got to mine today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun card!
    Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    (Guest commenter LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month
    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete