Wednesday 26 March 2014

OCC - Watercolour Made Easy


http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/CS3_paticipant.png
  
WATERCOLOUR MADE EASY

Okay, last card from me today and I better get cracking on days 9 and 10.

On day 7 Jennifer Rzasa shared some great tips to make watercolouring easier.  I found them to be a great help as I'm a beginner with watercolour.


First I painted the basic shape of my feather with just plain water so when I come in with the watercolour, the paint will run along the already wet areas allowing the colour the spread.  Then I go in with a smaller brush with fresh paint for the finer details.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but it has sure been fun.  Again, with many of these new techniques I'm learning, I had to do it a few times to get the hang of it.  Free hand painting can be scary.



As you can see my feather is not perfect.  But you can tell its a feather right?

Thanks for joining me today.
Hope you enjoyed my card.
Phi

Challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity #168 - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create #64 - Anything goes/twist - Birds of a feather
Challenges 4 Everyboday #39 - Anything goes




YAY!! Made top 3 at Crafts 4 Eternity #168



Woohoo! Came 1st in the Crafty Boots Challenge


1st place badge


7 comments:

  1. Oh my - I think your feather is perfect, you totally nailed it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous feather, t really is stunning and it makes a great card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phi this is just perfect for our Birds of a Feather optional twist this week! This is gorgeous and yes you can tell it's a feather! There is no such thing as a "perfect" feather especially when it comes to art :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Phi on being placed in the Crafty Boots Feather Challenge.

    Don't forget to collect your badge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your site and thank you for explaining how you made your cards. I am brand new to watercoloring also and I love your peacock feather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really is stunning and it makes a great card.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete